Unto the Populace does our fair Shire send greetings! Let it be known that our proud Shire welcomes you to visit us, and come enjoy the hospitality and beauty of our lovely Shire as we host
November Crown AS XLVII
This tournament is a weekend-long camping event starting on Friday 9 November 2012 from 5:30pm and concluding on Sunday 11 November 2012. The venue for this important event is Wollongong’s Mt Keira Scout Camp, Mt Keira Road, Mt Keira NSW AU, a beautiful location nestled into the rainforests of the Escarpment overlooking Wollongong [map]. For more details and photos of the site please go their website and click on ‘facilities’.
Missive from the Crown
Unto the populace of Lochac to King Henri and Queen Beatrice send greetings!
November Crown approaches, and We would ask all that are planning on entering to address the requirements for combatants and their consorts who wish to enter:
- All combatants shall send a letter to declare their intent to fight in the tournament. This letter must reach Us by October 28th and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We ask that all combatants and their consorts (if present) shall meet with Us and all other combatants before the Tournament to hear the duties and responsibilities should they be victorious.
- All combatants shall display a suitable heraldic presence on the field or have a fighting harness that does them and their consort honour
- All shields used in Crown shall be painted.
- All fighting harnesses shall be in good working order and there shall be no readily visible product names or logos on fighting equipment.
Please take the time to look through the Laws of Our Kingdom, taking into notice the changes to the Eligibility for the Crown Tournament. These laws can be found here: http://lochac.sca.org/laws/. We look forward to a wonderful display of chivalry, prowess and pageantry on the field.
In service to the Crown and dream
Henri and Beatrice
Arts and Sciences Competition Details
The Kingdom A&S Competitions for November Crown are:
- Non Culinary Recipes – Can be a produced item or a detailed research paper, focusing on a non-food related period recipe. e.g. Medicinal substance, makeup or beauty product, etc.
- A period item constructed from handmade non-woven fabric. e.g. Made from Sprang, Felt, Knitting, etc.
- A Belt or Garter
The Worshipful Company of Broiderers will also be holding a competition in Appliqué. More details to follow.
|Adult Member||Adult Non-Member||Child* Member||Child* Non-Member|
|Entire Event (Dorm)||$115.50||$121||$82.50||$88|
|Entire Event (Camping/Day Trip)||$99||$104.50||$66||$71.50|
Bookings close on 7 October 2012.
* Children aged 5-16 years. Child members less than 5 years of age may attend at no charge. Other children less than 5 years of age will be charged $5 to attend any portion of the event.
A shuttle service will be offered from Wollongong Railway Station, which is approximately 25 minutes from the site. There will be a $5 fee (both ways) for the use of this service. Please include this with your booking.
Please note: The Feast on the Saturday night is capped at 100 people so please get in early!
Bookings can be sent to our booking officer, Lady Phedre de Caravelle via email. The steward for the event is Lady Alessandra di Fiore di Piero della Mora who can also be contacted via email if you have any merchant or other non-booking questions.
|5 pm||Site opens/ Event opens|
|6 pm onwards||Soup Kitchen (this will be available until about 10 pm)|
|9-10 am||Lists Open/Armour Inspections|
|10-11 am||Invocation Court/ Crown Tourney|
|11-12 noon||Crown Tourney|
|12-1 pm||Crown Tourney/ Lunch|
|2-3 pm||Peerage Court|
|3-4 pm||Knight’s Meeting|
|4-5 pm||Pelican’s Meeting|
|5-6 pm||Laurel’s Meeting|
|7 pm||Victor’s Feast|
|later on||bardic circle|
|9-10 am||Lists Open|
|10-11 am||Rose Tourney/Archery|
|11-12 noon||Rose Tourney/Archery|
|1-2 pm||Closing Court|
|2 pm onwards||Pack down|
|4 pm||Off Site|